As officially registered specialist for hydrogeological and hydrotechnical works, KARST Ltd. has an excellent references in this field of activities. During the years since establishing the Company till nowadays; we have successfully executed numerous projects to the full satisfaction of our Clients/Investors.
Such professional attitude resulted in earning of “Authorization to Perform Specialist
Water Investigation Works and Other Hydrogeological Activities – Water Exploratory Drilling and Execution of Wells”; issued by MINISTRY OF REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT, FORESTRY and WATER MANAGEMENT; of The Republic of Croatia.
Following activities are recognised under this “Authorization”:
- reconnaissance works on possible underground aquifers, i.e.: assessment if there is underground water on particular location
- exploratory drillings; including simultaneous execution of WPT by Lugeon and/or Lefranck method, in all types of soil/rock; at designated positions and in order to confirm presence of underground water;
- installation of piezometers into drilled holes with purpose to assess/determine:
- yield of the identified water horizon, by pump test and/or adsorption test
- dynamic of underground water, i.e.: underground water table (UWT) and water recovery (WR)
- physical/chemical/biological properties/quality of water, by taking the samples for required laboratory tests/water analysis
- execution and installation of water-wells; that include:
- drilling/boring in all types of soil/rock
- supply and installation of blind casing, screen casing-filter(s) and sumps
- supply of material and installation of buffer zones by use of bentonite clay along blind casing sections and natural gravel along filter/screen zones.
- water well development (by air lifting) and water well yield test/pump test
- all necessary reports upon completion of well
Implementation of water wells (single or network); i.e.: water supply from water wells; have various functioning/purpose in many sectors of economy, such as;
- technical water for industry;
- irrigation water in agricultural business;
- potable water for urban areas; geothermal energy usage;
- on many projects, water wells are in function of decreasing of high underground water table, which may threaten progress and/or quality of main construction works.